Sunday 14 March 2010

Christ the Baptist, and the "Sky made of Stone."

Picture source: Adam Mclean's Alchemy Website.
~
Abduction!
~
 Heaven's heave down to this Earth doth blow
a flaming breath upon my thought-scape brow.
Into my mind the
Christic
Light aglow
shines forth a river fiery in its flow.
~
Into the river there to end my life
beneath cleansing waves of baptismal fire.
Mortified my ego will not long survive,
but give up the Holy Ghost unto the Christ.
~
Spirit freed from flesh can climb the sky,
and with the Stone of Christ uplifted fly.
Rock of Ages eternal is thy rest,
hold me safe inside your golden breast.
~
"
Lapis elevatus cum vento
" is my cry,
the Stone uplifted by the wind on high.
The
Christic Hoverlith
to Space returns anew,
his wind of
pneuma
bids this world adieu.
~
Fired up, then sealed and cooled inside,
the metal craft from lead to gold refined.
One-ship from twoness now restored divine,
through the "narrow gate" with me to Heaven climbs.
*
~
"The ancients believed the sky is made of stone and metal due to the fall of meteorites. We shall do well to bear in mind the early religious significance attached to aeroliths. They fall to earth charged with celestial sanctity; in a way, they represent heaven. This would suggest why so many meteorites were worshipped or identified with a deity." (The Forge and the Crucible).
* 

No comments:

Post a Comment